Monday, January 03, 2005

Wrapping it up

Alright, I know it's a bit late, but life has been rather disheveled of late. So here it is: my take on my past year's events.

Last Jan. 1 I woke up in a sketchy roadside hotel in Watertown, MA. This year I again woke in Watertown, but in my very own apartment sans free-continental breakfast and voluptuous coed girlfriend. Push?

Year plus relationship; DC; becoming closer to family; attempted stab at finding religion (still pending); First "real" job; exponentially increased number of relations; reacquainted with good friend; fantasy firesale; lost contact with very special person (pending); new apartment; blog becomes habit forming; They call them first jobs for a reason...; having a catch; realizing I've grown up; knowing I can always go home; 40k miles/losing the new car smell; the OC; etc.

Highlight: Funny, I finally saw Aaron Boone's walk-off homerun about two weeks ago. I don't know how I managed to miss it, but I guess it was just my little bit of superstition that I have managed to go a year plus without seeing the most painful Red Sox moment of my young life. For whatever reason I knew to leave before the 12th inning of the 2003 ALCS Game 7. But watching it on the Red Sox WS DVD made it feel ok. Driving (crawling) down Boylston St. with only the sounds of horn honks, shouts and "Tessie" blaring is an incredible feeling.

I'm keeping the same New Year's Resolutions as I do every yeah which is better myself. Rather vague and almost a cop-out, but whatever... It breaks down this way:
  1. Stop lying so much.
  2. Run. Do you know when you join a gym and they ask you why you want to start working out? People always put to have a better sense of self-worth or to get more energy, well in keeping inline with the above resolution I'm putting "to get hot to meet women".
  3. Roadtrip.
  4. Make out with Asian girl.
  5. Stop flaking out on friends because in the end they'll be there for me.
  6. Create, concept, write, brainstorm. I'm too old to put this dream on the backburner; it's time to devote myself %100.
Well there you have it. I never really understood the concept of an entirely fresh start, but 2005 is the impetus for a new Mike in town.

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot one....visit Chicago! take care Mike-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home