Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Where's the bling at?

So this guy:

is sampling these guys:

in his latest single.

In April of 1999 Mase, Puff Daddy's anointed golden child, left the glamorous world of hip hop behind; making an abrupt about face, turning to a new found spirituality. Mase, born Mason Betha, said no to a life of celebrity, bling bling, Cristal and hoes, instead seeking something greater.

"This is the realest thing you've ever seen," he said. "I'm walking away from this not knowing where my next job is coming from. That's how much I believe in myself. You want a role model? I'm gonna show you what role models do."

Suffice it to say that Mase has made his triumphant (MTV fueled) return to mainstream music in the form of his latest single, Welcome Back. Yes, the spiritual unrest is over. He is a man now at peace with the world and joy appears to be in his heart.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home