Tuesday, August 09, 2005

You spin me right round baby



I'll admit it I always wanted to be a DJ. And I made some half-hearted attempts at it previously. And quite frankly why wouldn't I? You're a DJ. You play other people's music. You get to stay up late, party like a "rock star", drink on the job, wear t-shirts to work and dabbling in recreational drugs can be expensed off your taxes. Oh yeah, did I mention that you get to play other people's music for a living. If I were to apply that to my trade it would be called plagerism. But other than that I'm halfway there: I'm Asian and have unruly hair. The rest is just some bleeps and bloops and a slick handle.

But that phase passed almost as quickly as my infatuation for emo-girls with bangs. Although claiming to spin D&B is one of my all-time fave half-truths to tell girls. Just the right mix of "wow he's cool" and "no way I know what he's talking about, so I'll just move on and be impressed," to carry on a night's worth of conversation. Sure beats the pants off of, "I drive a Dodge Viper."
Honestly sometimes I even surprise myself.

Long story short, Saturday doing some shopping on Newbury and I decide that what I need is another pair of sneakers. Head into the PUMA store where it's a mob-scene. The crowd is a cross between an animie convention and a Miss USA pageant: my kind of gathering. All I want to do is grab a pair of kicks and enjoy the gorgeous day, but the help is nary to be seen. Wait but what's this? A rather cute looking blonde 20-something, head-to-toe in PUMA attire, oozing cool standing behind a set of turn tables.

I guess it was Tang I was drinking because her ass made start to see stars. Well I'm just waiting here so I might as well take advantage of the situation. I approach her with witty aside in my head and ask her, "Do you happen to have these in a hightop?"

Oh comeon what did you expect? She's a DJ, I couldn't possibly date her.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger The Jule said...

I boycott this blog entry because it is misleading. The cleavey girl in the rainbow brite suit is not the Puma DJ. I happen to know this.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Quan Solo said...

The Jule is right. 1) I do not have a digital on my cell. 2) It would have been dramatically inappropriate to take her picture whilst she was "working". 3) I would date this girl at a drop of the hat, regardless of her occupation.

The aforementioned cleavey girl is my new crush du jour, so if any one comes across her or knows more about her please let me know.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Crush du jour is unknown??? Great choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home