Monday, July 07, 2008

Oh, you don't say?

So this is the part where I say how nice and fucking wholesome everyone is and how it makes me want to just grow some corn.

Instead I'll say how I'm actually settling in quite nicely it. So far I've got the room all set up (pictures to come soon) and am getting to know Roommate #1. He's a fresh-faced Canadian by way of Texas and we've already shared a meal and watched the Sox game. Basically we bonded over sports (both real and fantasy) and by pulling the wool over the as-of-right-now m.i.a. Roommate #2 by switching my creaky bed frame for his non-creaky bed frame. Dems da breaks.

Observation #1: I live near a police station, a gay bar and have passed numerous panhandlers (this really surprised me) on my way to dinner. It's like I never left San Francisco.

Observation #2: I feel like I'm in college all over again. I have a twin-size bed (where I assume limited magic will happen) and I'm going to pick up a shower caddy tomorrow, lest someone else uses my loofah.

Observation #3: I've got this local thing down pat. I shopped at a Target, walked by the Metrodome and ate at a chain restaurant.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger evantonio said...

mall of america yet?

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Quan Solo said...

baby steps my good man, baby steps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home