Monday, July 07, 2008

Taste of the Local Flavor: Day 0 & 1

So my worst fears were almost realized. I was hungry. I wanted something quick. I was craving Mexican....Chipotle....fuck. But, what's this it was closed! It was 9 PM after all. That was a close one.

Dinner tonight: my first Jimmy Johns' experience. I'd say that it wasn't half bad. Half bad as in it's more expensive then Subway's $5 deal, but with more flavorful meat than Quiznos. Sans tomato :(


Lunch today: First meal with the kids from class. Ah, a local establishment for some local fare - the Twin Cities famed Walleye sandwich. A healthy portion of grilled white fish, similar to catfish, with a blackened crust. Not too shabby. Could have used a bit more heat and tangy tartar sauce, but overall not bad.

Dinner Sunday: Post Target meal with Texan roommate. God it's muggy. God I'm hungry. "Let's go to Applebee's." God no. Let's just go to Rock Bottom. They have beer and I know their burgers are decent. Had a beer, had a decent burger...sans tomato. :(

So in summary: chain, local, chain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home