Saturday, January 22, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom

Despite all the snow today, we had a really wonderful dinner for my mom. Continuing in the grand family tradition we had an epic amount of food. Of course we were expecting four more people, but again the snow threw a wrench into those plans. But nonetheless it was a lot of fun. Well anytime that you have filet mignon on the menu you can't go wrong. My dad did an amazing job with the meat. Having a dad who works as a butcher has been such a bonus to my culinary palate.

Sidenote: Over my last three meals I have progressed from hot dogs to prime rib to filet mignon. I like how things are going.

I'm really happy that my parents are taking some time to enjoy themselves. They worked so hard and for so long at the restaurant, they deserve this. I know my parents will never be the type of people that entertain on a regular basis, but it feels nice having a few friends and family over every once in a while. I guess I'm feeling in a really good mood, very comfortable and at ease with things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home