Saturday, June 25, 2005

Worst ever

Republished after much heming and hawing and friendly roundtable discussion with my collegues...

Attention Date: So the next time we see each other, a hearty fuck you is in order.

Seriously what were you thinking? Was I completely off-base to assume that when you invited me back to your place at 2 am it was for more than milk and cookies? Was I completely wrong in this regard? Because we're sitting on your bed and all of a sudden you come up with "I don't think I can handle a relationship right now."

Insert major tire-squeak sound FX here as I don't know what the hell just happened. Why the hell are you talking about a relationship at this time? We haven't even gone out on a real "date" yet. Our time together has consisted of meeting at a bar the week prior, a splendid hour-long getting to know you conversation and this booze-fueled encounter. Funny how in the span of 48 hours things go from "I really want to go out sometimes this weekend," to pulling "I don't think I can handle a relationship right now." And is that the best you can do? Are you bipolar or just really like messing with my head? Because being all over each other in the car ride back to your place usually leads to other things. But that's just me.

Talk about false pretenses. Holding hands and being all over each other isn't just a nice little friendly thing to do. Maybe you had a change of heart, maybe you have a boyfriend that you didn't tell me about, or maybe you derive joy in messing with people? Either way you suck. I can't even express the utter shock and what the fuckness of the entire situation. It's not simply about being frustrated with the utter lack of making out (well partly), but it is so dramatically not cool to send someone home at 4:30 am after a night of imbibing many alcoholic beverages.

Going home with you was the polar opposite of an otherwise wonderful Friday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home