Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Like whoa

Officially too old to be on the Real World, unofficially too old to date a 19 year old. Them's the breaks of being 25.

Well technically I will be 25 in a few hours (Western time zone and all) but for all intents and purposes I'm a quarter century old, as my good buddy Ben pointed out to me just as the clock struck midnight. As usual I put too much emphasis on my birthday, it is just another day after all. I think it's the only child in me, but I treat my birthday as if I was a woman or a despot leader (making a HUGE deal of it). But the one thing I can do is look back and realize that I'm firmly entrenched in my 20's and things have been good.

But onward and upward. My best friends are flying up tomorrow for what promises to be a weekend Birthday extravaganza. And ultimately I realize that's what's important.

And my first moments of being 25? Sitting back, enjoying some of the lovely ice cream cake that my dahling roommates surprised me with and playing some Madden 06 (a little treat for myself) before I drift off to bed. I got a full day ahead of me: I'm going to rent me a car!

UPDATE: 9:11 am Matt, Hooray Matt!


Further that my two roommates are the bestest in the whole wide world.An awesome fruit bouquet, that brought the requisite joy and embarrassment to me. Nice work girls. God I love pineapples, even morethan a thousand girlfriends put together!

3 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike Quan!!!!!! Now you are as old as me. I don't know if Kate told you, but I had a dream the other night that you and I were playing baseball with penguins.

Love, Jamie (Kate's friend)

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy happy birthday mike! have a super great weekend! love, kate

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feeling lonely? Hook up with Real Singles now for $4.99 to connect, and only $0.99 a min. A true match is only a phone call away. Give it a try 1-800-211-9293.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home