Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dinner for Five (plus one)

You know if this whole copywriter thing doesn't work out I could really see myself getting into party planning. Well maybe not epic galas or anything, but quaint dinner parties I can handle. So maybe at home catering courtesy of Quan's World or even a little seaside B&B.

Yeah the dinner party with the work crew went off quite smashingly tonight. I am so proud. Maybe it's the Martha Stewart in me, but it was soooo much fun. From appetizer to dessert, quite the smorgashborg. We started out with V's taco dip, veg style and then we moved onto CK's fantastic salad. [Tangent Alert]I don't know what it is, but I'll never be able to master the fine art of salad-making. Maybe it's because I never really grew up around this so-called rabbit food, my diet consisting of rice 4 days out of the week and all. And it's not because I don't enjoy vegetables, I love pretty much all food except for the select 5 items that repulse me to know end. I have never been, and don't see myself any day soon, being a quality salad-maker. Now my buddy Matt, his salads are works of art. The crouton to cheese to dressing ratio is stupendous. All sitting on a lovely base of cukes, romaine/iceberg, carrots and cherry tomatoes. The master. But CK really gave him a run for his money and The Jule is an extraordinaire in her own right. Moving on to non-salad talk... [Longest tangent ever]. So CK played sous chef (ap daap for those in the know) masterfully. Jammer and V manned the grill, i.e. Jammer grilled V watched and dutifully supplied him with beverages while I was in charge of the main course. I took a page out of AK's book and went with the chicken and smoked Gouda farfalle. The irony of taking a lady friend's recipe and then co-opting it for my own Dinner Date Package #2 come dinner gathering is astounding and not lost on me at the least. Delish. And of course the vino was flowing liberally through the night. Just enough to have that happy, candle-lit extra bit of ambiance. And to top it all off we had a birthday ice cream cake for Jam's 23rd, the younging.

So all in all a fantastic night. Making some work friend's more like normal friends. Here's to seeing you guys in about 9 hours and making everyone jealous with fantastic leftovers. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home