Monday, November 07, 2005

Let's roll

There's only one sure-fire way to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation at work, due to a rowdy, inebriated, potentially lawsuit-inducing night on the town with some coworkers, and that's to get a major case of food poisoning due to some ill advised Thai food. Ugh. Being sick is never a good thing. But onto the more enjoyable account of a debaucherous weekend.

A pub crawl, that sounds like fun. Let's do that. Well this wasn't just any ordinary pub crawl but something that billed itself as the 8th Annual Sparhawk liquid Urban Tour (S.L.U.T. for short). It boiled down to a 13 leg crawl through some of Allston-Brighton's finest watering holes. From Tonic to the Green Briar and everything in between. With inebriated transportation provided by Dirty's Bucking Bronco, a makeshift schoolbus. Good times when I could break out the ol "What do you do? What do you do? Shoot the hostage" joke. Never fails.

Festivities were to kick off at 3:30 but E and I got a late start and decided the best course of action was to play catch up (brilliant!). Nothing like some Long Islands to get a pub crawl started. Oh before I go any further let me declare that the talent on display was PHENOMENAL. Dimes everywhere. 5 chicks to every 1 dude. Fantastic. Just like being back at school. And a good portion of the tank topped gals were a barely a shade over 21. Anyways E and I finally met up with good buddy S and G. S is the MD that the ladies love and G is the wildcard that always brings something to the table, essentially my only two viable wingmen in a state full of Gooses. And thanks to G I was able to rock one of those fancy t-shirts that everyone else was wearing. Team morale baby!

A litany of things happened in the course of the night's journey; fun but pretty much a blur at this point. With over 300 some odd people participating it was definitely station to station drinking tonight. I think I had a Youkillis-esque OBP night and kept up my drink to bar ratio at 1.000%. Ended up meeting up with some girls from work, always a good time. Was way to huggy with some people, but no one really minded (hence the intro to this post.) Ate some curry fries, picked up a cowboy hat along the way, think I almost got beat up by some random dudes. Meet up with the Jule, dance/sang for a bit and posed for a variety of pictures. All in all an awesome night.
E and me prior

I think she likes my shirt

these dimes were bitches and wanted me to buy them a shot

these dimes were cool

E and me on ze Dirty Bucking Bronco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home