Monday, December 03, 2007

Four strikes and you're out or How my world's are colliding and I'm OK with that...kinda.

Lets start things off with the most important things first. My boy Matt came up from San Diego to visit me this weekend. We were buds pretty much since day 1 back at University, so it was good seeing the old lug again. In brief: a quality dinner, a so-so dinner and some late-night dinner as well. In between gorging ourselves, there was a "bit" of drinking and of course the proverbial video games. Suffice it to say, Matt became slightly obsessive over one game and he beat me soundly at the racing games. Although we were even on the fighting game and I pwned him at Madden, just like the old days.

Which brings me to the rest of the weekend plans. Namely how things were set up to be promising, but somehow ended up not quite right. You could almost say wrong even...almost.

So here goes. Friday after dinner, Matt and I were going to be meeting up with my latest muse, Bruschetta. She's cute, she's fun, she's swell. She was also a tad bit on the sauce/many, many sheets to the wind. Which culminated in her being stumbly, being flirty with another dude :( and wanting me to go home with her at 10:30...yeah, not the coolest of evenings. We said "goodbye" while waiting outside. I put her in a cab. She asked if I was going with her. I invoked "bros before hos". The end. So we'll see how things go with her....

Saturday night Matt, myself and A from class went out for dinner at Farmer Brown's. The last time A and I went it was awesome: deep-fried goodness. This time our 9 PM reservations were not nearly enough, we did not get a table until closer to 9:30 and when we did, they tried wedging the three of us into a 2-top by the corner. Not so much. Anyways, the thing with A and I is that she's probably the coolest girl around, but we are teetering ever so closely to "buddy mode". And at this time, maybe that's for the best. Plus, she's coming to Boston for the holidays, so maybe I can woo her with some quality date packages that are guaranteed to work.

And last night was the impromptu crown jewel of my weekend. This past week I've been chatting up a fellow student and she mentioned that she worked at a bar in the neighborhood, so I figured why not? It's 10:30 on a Sunday and I don't have anything to do until 7 tomorrow night. Game on! She's fun, she's cool, she got me free drinks! (and a cookie). I'm glad she was able to chat, but being able to play barfly was also quite interesting. Anyways, she suggests meeting up at another bar up the street when she gets out. Sweet! Unfortunately the Fates aligned against me yet again. After leaving her bar, I hit up the local late-night pizza place for quick slice and the ATM. Finish up and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - the supposed meet up bar is closed and she's no where to be found. Even went back to the bar she works at and the place is blacked out. Moral of the story: always get the girl's number.

EDIT: Just emailed the Bartender and got a quick response. Time for take 2 at drinks again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home