Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It's that time again: DRUNK BLOG RAMBLING

Today's rendition will be extra bitter as I am taking to smoking as well as obviously drinking. I wish I had more Jack left in my flask, something a little bit harsher, as the Stoli Watermelon and Amaretto sours just aren't leaving me as embittered as Frank would want me to be.

First random thought: As much as I hate the sound of my roommates cat's meowing, I hate the smell of its cat food even more. I can't get the stink off my hands. Teach me for feeding it.

I love living with my girls to no end, but I think I really need to find some guy friends. Some quality play video games, watch sports, make bad jokes, be racist/sexist/elitist bastards with. It's weird. I am definitely enjoying living and working at the new job, but things just seem a bit off.

Talk about a depressing night. I made myself dinner and proceeded to watch Game 2 of the WS. That should have cheered me up, but hearing McCarver and Buck again, wasn't really worth it. So I ended up watching Faith Rewarded! That'll always do it.

I think I'm really putting too much stalk into this whole dating thing. In the sense that it is fun, but I don't know what's worse. Being that guy who is trying to find a girlfriend or the guy who is just content to be single. Don't get me wrong, I'm not throwing away my set and joining the cloth anytime soon. But I'm definitely off the smitten, lovey dovey bandwagon for a while. At least until the next pretty thing wallks by...

So seriously I used to have this streak back in freshman year where I was meeting a new person everyday. It was the start of college and I was going to meet as many damn people as humanly possible. Guy, girl whatever. I either got a number, a hug, a handshake or had lunch with a new person from move-in day till 4 days after Thanksgiving break. Ask Matt if you don't believe me. I was the Cal fucking Ripken of meeting people. IRON MAN
My plan was to cast my net of acquaintances wide and gradually pare down to the select few I would call my friends. It worked to perfection. My three best friends from school I met freshman year. We either had class together (Matt), lived in the same building (E) or you were the only one who had a N64 (Jason) I keed, I keed.

So now where do I find myself. Living close to Boston (which rocks) and working in Framingham (eh, love the job/can take or leave the drive). But damn it's hard to meet people.

I break it down like this: 1) I pretty much know who my best friends are and who is going to be in my wedding party. 2) I assume I am not going to make any new life-long friends at this stage in my life. I could be wrong and I hope I am. I was dead set against meeting new people my senior year, because I had so many great people in my life already, but I met Alice that year. And boy did I dig her in so many ways. Alas I was with Lauren at the time. She's one of the few BU kids who live in Boston still that I see on a semi-irregular basis and all (once again, peksy boyfriends and all). But then I met some really rockstar friends the past year. Working at the Bzz-hole even: bocca grande, smokey bones and the happy couple.

So anyways, for whatever reason, everyone around me is in a relationship. I thought nothing of it till this past V-day. I'm usually all for girls wearing red panties and all too. But I'm thinking is "the streak" karma coming back to get me? Am I now forced to deal with Billy Ripken-esque? What should I do? Flaxseed oil, the cream, the clear? I've been single for awhile and dated a few girls, some on and off, but it's very odd. I think I'm just trying to hard and they can sniff it out.

The girls that I have been totally into of late, albeit briefly: a) came to her senses and realized she was 30 and I am 24 and thus totally blew me off. Expected? Yes. Fun while it lasted? Oh, god yes! b) A totally chill gal, who rocked my Celt's headband, has an hones-to-goodness Schilling DD sandwich-esque Boston accent and is friends with my blonde roomie, but again with those f'ing boyfriends. c) this silly college girl who has me wrapped around her finger hook, line and sinker.

So where does that leave me? I don't know. Some life changes are in order. I'm going to try like heck to visit the really important friends I have. Drink more. Consciously leave the toilet seat up. Run and lift till I pass out. Embrace everything
and have more stories to tell.

Oh and alienate my friends trust to embarrass them for my own sick amusement.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Quan Solo said...

So true Frank. I'm thinking I may have to go all out and get myself one of those HYPNOTIQ martinis.

And hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later that I'm DC bound.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELL YEAH FRANK!! I thought the exact same thing. Watermelon Stoli, what a fucking woman! Change the booze, your life will change. BELIEVE IT!

--Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home