Friday, February 11, 2005

weekend

A few years back when I was back in college Friday afternoons used to be the favorite part of my week. Matt, Jason and myself would finish up our class for the day and head on back to Sleeper for lunch. This three-hour window was when we could just sit around, catch up and talk about all the random stuff that friends talk about at the end of their week; Monday morning being the farthest thing from our minds.

Knowing that you had the whole weekend in front of you was incredible. 2- 2:30 rolls around and we're still sitting there taking up space, plates piled high and milking the soda machine for all it was worth. Friday night wasn't going to happen for quite some time and what did I have to do for the next five hours? Back to the room to watch TV? Videogames? Take a nap? All this "bonus time" in front of you even before the weekend actually started.

Invariably, I would spend the weekend at Krissys and the guys would go off to their respective watering hole/cinema/event/party, and this was the perfect sendoff. Seinfeld made millions off of it and it's true: nothing is a wonderful thing.

Now that I'm a bit older, I tend not to sleep in as much, have a bit more cash to spend and, unfortunately, don't see my boys (Erin you're included) as much, but in the end Fridays will always be Fridays and nothing could be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home