Friday, May 27, 2005

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Girlfriends may come and go but a trophy is forever.

When fantasy sports and dating collide remember that you should never be left out of the playoff hunt.

So I've spent more time debating whether trading Danys Baez for a 7th round pick than where I'm taking Date out to tonight doesn't mean that I'm not that into her, just that a man needs to have priorities.

Sure, everyone has made the unfortunate mistake of putting their energies into what some would consider trivial. As I've noted before, my fantasy baseball team lead to a half letter-grade swing downward in my design class and the premature demise of a past relationship, but you gotta give 110% and when your back is against the wall take it one game at a time. Because no one wants to be the laughingstock of their fantasy league. I know it's old hat by now, but the phrase "I'll take David Robinson," will forever be comedy gold.

3 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger The Jule said...

It doesn't mean you're not that into her, it just means you are an enormous dork.

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate you, Quan! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

--Tennyson

P.S. Nice DS reference on the fantasy site.

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Nice Quan. Baez and a D.R. reference. Tennyson...we love you, pal!

B Wise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home