Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Hoop Dreams

The way I see it when it comes to balling is that I'm just as bad as every "good player" I ever play against compared to an actual good player. You know someone like Dwayne Wade, Steve Nash or even Luc Longely. So quite simply, to the dude with the pony tail and head band, "I own you!" And the 5'4" Iverson-wannabe, "Get that shit outta here!"

I'll rock my Yao XL replica, my matching addidas head-/sweat- bands and my Hurraches 2K5's all morning, all day, all night long. Dude it's
it's been an above the rim, headband wearing, free throw shooting, trash talking, Van Exel crossing jam packed week of bball for me.

Tipped things off with a viewing of Hoop Dreams Criterion Edition followed by a diet coke. The next day motivation struck and some actual ball was played. I don't know what was worse dragging my fat but during full-court 5 on 5 or ending up guarding the dude without a shirt.

Later on that night I challenged my roommate's little bro to a game of H-O-R-S-E and after letting him win. I felt bad for the little guy (he's 9 and she out galavating at strip clubs with her dad.) And tonight I ended things off with a viewing of the WNBA All-Star Game Through the Fire, ESPN's documentary about NYC HS legend turn Celts latest PG, Sebastian Telfair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home