Friday, July 01, 2005

It's definitely not where I'm always going to be, but at this stage of my life when it comes down to it I will probably put more effort into getting ready for a Big Date than prepping for the Big Presentation. I think it just comes with the territory. Being a single 20-something guy who wants to look good for a cute 20-something (19-30) gal. Not to say I don't try at work, but I only own 3 suits and nothing navy blue.

Partly this is caused by the Industry. I work in advertising where 1) it's a casual work environment (wearing jeans and throwbacks is good for the creativity) and 2) people in advertising are pretty petty/insecure when it comes to being in-the-know. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I high-fashion, but I consider myself hipper and cooler than the typical "dude". Actually, yeah, compared to the normal guy I'm a lot better (well-read, humor wise and in general) as a whole.

With that being said it's time to finish getting ready and go play wing-man for my buddy JD.

Update: 1:05 am -
Just got back from a night out with JD and his girl and her friend. Both totally cool chicks and a surprisingly awesome night. The first Friday of every month the MFA offers mfasummerfridays , where you are able to peruse the exhibits, have a few drinks and mingle with like minded ladies and gents. Oh yeah did I mention it's pretty much a meat-market. And by that I mean sketchy older guys who drive Boxsters trying to talk to all sorts of 20 somethings. So being one of the top 10 most virile guys in the room JD and I had a definite leg up in terms of the eye candy. But we were with two lovely gals. JD with his girl and her friend,who was really cool, respectively. Talk about small world, but all four of us essentially grew up in the same area. Of course JD and I went to middle/high school together, but both girls lived within a 20 minute drive. And my MFA Girl actually works about a mile away from me now; so we exchanged numbers (score!) and are planning on meeting up for lunch during the week. All in all a pretty fun night.

Sidenote: We went to dinner at the Sunset Cantina and the food was really good (a quality batch of fish tacos) but the Sangria definitely was lacking. Oh well, live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home