Sunday, September 18, 2005

How Swede it was

She's back home safe and sound, but the dream weekend's over.

The sun, the moon and the stars aligned for the Ultimate Date Package Weekend Extravaganza*. But what else would you do when you have a cute Swedish girl visting you?

"Hi welcome to Boston, my name's Mike and I'll be your tour guide for the weekend."

Bar none Duck Boats are fun, especially seeing her drive around the Charles on one. Next on the docket was lunch at Fanuel, a canoli at Mike's and then a walk around the waterfront. What can I say I'm a sucker for cheezy touristy stuff. Then it was off to Fenway for pre-gaming before first pitch. Guess those Nordic drinking rumors are true as N totally shattered the North American chugging/hotness record. We weren't going to let the hour plus rain delay stop the fun as I showed her who's boss on the air hockey circuit and treated her to a trip to the Sausage Guy. Highlights of the game included 1) her deciding that Manny Ramirez is Mexican 2) her knowing to stand (
at no urging of mine whatsoever) whenever Wakefield had a 2 strike count and 3) declaring that she loved Big Papi. But all that pales in to comparison when I was able to convince her that I got the entire stadium to sing " Sweet Caroline" on her behalf.

The rest of the weekend played out wonderfully: Cambridge, enough Dunkin Donuts to last a lifetime, the Mass Ave. bridge, playing catch with her and that special moment when I'm showing her how to swing a bat and I casually graze her boob with my elbow, impressing her with my knowledge of the human skeletal system and my "utter American-ness", a cute movie about penguins, a trip to the cape and accompanying lobster, a few too many drinks, cigarettes and espressos (she is European) and much more that I can't recall right now.

One of the best weekends of recent memory. It sucks because I'm falling for her and it's totally not going to happen. Being far is not cool.

*Special thanks to my buddy Kyle, head chef at the fabulous Intermission Tavern, who pulled out all the stops making sure dinner was a success. (Note: chicks dig cheesecake and the romantic table in the back.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home