Monday, September 12, 2005

My life, my fantasy

For those of you not interested in this please go here, for those that care please continue:

This was a fantasy weekend for the ages. I locked up the top seed in BUMLB and was able to enjoy the carefree week of keeping my guys on the bench, not checking box scores and actually being productive at work. And luckily I had the luxury of taking the week off as things almost flatlined in my Chitown league. My first forray into a fantasy pairring was not going to end in a first round knockout. We had too much at stake, literally. It's not about the money ( I need to think about my family, my children need to eat...) but the fact that we morgatged off the future to lock up our spot. Seeing our lives flash before our eyes, BWise and I pulled out the dramatic 6-4 comeback, locking it up early Sunday night on the strength of our pitching... the backbone of any championship squad.

It's the final four and that means the cream rises to the top. BU has the top seeded Fraggles vs the Crunch and in the other semi-final its the Samirbras vs the Zone. Ooo chilling just thinking about it.

Oh yeah, there were some other sport kicking off this weekend. I was ready for some football. Were you?

An email I sent to my buddy Frank

Alright buddy here's the breakdown:

BU baseball- first round bye. Watched the fun from above. The final four is myself, Josh and Scotty all previous winners looking to be the first two time winner and Samir who's has a bad case of Billy Beanitis where he's looking for his first playoff series win despite having made the post season every year since we started back in 01.

Chitwon- my cohort Brian and I squeaked by 6-4 on the dominance of Randy Johnson's 7 IP of no run ball ( i loathe those type of fantasy moments). We locked the victory up around 8 pm EST with our 1.30 whip to his 1.33. That was good. Now we are facing the top seed and it's going to be a real donny brook.

BU football: you can see the deal

BU/Syracuse Pickem: Samir, myself and another SU dude are going into tonight with 10 wins a piece and immunity on the line. SU's got Philly, Samir and I got the Dirty Dirty. I need Mike Vick to do his thing and cover with the combined score of more +39 points.

Chitown Pickem: Samir and Quan do it up again but this time $50 large is on the line. Again both going Dirty Dirty, with me needing a combo score of +44.

How's your situation?

God I love fantasy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home