Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lies, all lies

Not my proudest moment, but it had to be done. It was sink or swim and I wasn't going down with this particular ship. Not for her, not for anyone last night.

As we left bar #1 for bar # 2, Stefan was worried that we were going to have a run in with a recent ex. But lo and behold, it wasn't him to have the awkward encounter but yours truly.
Talk about ironic. We're at the bar chatting ordering drinks and all of sudden I see her rounding the corner. Bam, it was 8-Minute/Tupperware Girl. Talk about a potentially game-salting encounter. Hmm... this could be potentially awkward as the last time I talked to her, I was supposed to call her back about going to her birthday party. I was in San Diego at the time and who bothers checking their called ID when it's 74 and sunny year round?

So I do what any other red-blooded guy on the make would do:

Casually pretending not to see her till she comes over. "Oh hi, how's it going? It's so funny to see you here this weekend. I'm only here for the rest of the week and I run into you. Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm living in California now. I found this great job and moved in with my buddy. Yeah things are great. Love it. It was good seeing you."

Flat out lying? No, just one of the risks associated with dating. Kinda fun, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home