Sunday, December 11, 2005

Back from the Bay

So I’ve been back for a week but it’s been a busy week. That and the snow if you haven’t head. And without further adieu my trip to San Francisco.

Dear San Francisco,

I could go on and on about how awesome you are. Your amazing weather, gorgeous views, fantastic restaurants and amazing culture, but you already know that. With that being said, I dig you SF. I can totally picture myself living amongst your swank denizens and hilly streets. Even with the tremendous cost of living I figure I'll save on monthly gym fees just by walking everywhere. Not to mention the quarter-bouncing ass I'll have in no time flat. Everything checked out well with the MAS. Got most of my questions answered even if I wasn't able to sit in on a class, but thems the breaks I guess. I guess the thing that really got to me was that I didn't feel like a stranger at all.

Many thanks Krissy & Alex for letting me crash with you. You guys were excellent hosts, your place is da bomb and hopefully I'll be living in your general hood if I can afford it. There’s nothing like waking up around 10:30 or so shaking off the jetlag and walking outside to some beautiful 50-degree weather, in DECEMBER mind you. And ain't no party like an swanky, open-bar, four floor, international buffet, dressed to the nines, mile-high chocolate cake, live band, dancing girls agency party!

OK so my theory is that while I didn’t get to see/experience everything I wanted to, the next time I'm out there I won't be a wide-eyed tourist. At least that's the game plan so far. So yeah I'd say I had a good trip and given my druthers I'll be there circa Fall 06. I still have to hang on the edge of a trolley car. I still want to sneer at the hippies in the Haight. I need to drink merlot from a local vineyard. So I’ll be back and it’s going to be fucking amazing. But that's still a bit away… plenty of time left to kick the tires on a few other avenues of life.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE'RE NOT DRINKING ANY FUCKING MERLOT! IF THEY ORDER MERLOT, I'M OUTTA HERE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home