Thursday, December 13, 2007

And Scene! or A Little Bit of Closure.

Well it seems that Act 1 of my quarter-life crisis in San Francisco has come to an end. Earlier on tonight I finished up the last of my classes and in a scant 3 hours I will be heading off to the airport. Why am I up at this hour then, you may ask. Well frankly, my history of imbibing too many adult beverages has always been known to throw my sleep patterns into disarray. And tonight is no exception. But that's fine. I'm going to use my time wisely...you know to update Quan's world, my social networking sites and finishing off a few loose ends.

I can't wait to get home. But it's kind of a weird feeling because as much as I can't wait to get back to see Mom & Dad, my friends and (most-importantly) my 1st place Cs, I'm going to miss SF like the dickens. I can't believe how much fun I've had over these few short months and the incredible relationships I've developed.

Which leads me to the latest happenings in my love life. Over the weekend, had "the talk" with Bruschetta aka Big Red, and while I know where we stand it's not the picture perfect scenario that I would have liked. But hey, at least we are still able to "hang out". I found out that Bartender has a BF, but in good news has a Vespa!!!! I'm still so in love and our thus, Bartender will now be known as Scooter Girl as we continue our fun game of flirting with impunity. And probably in the most recent developments, I had a serious heart to heart with School Girl and she remains the most awesomest girl around. Frankly, it was weird because it was so easy to tell her how I was feeling and she actually said she was feeling the same way. BUT...we shall have to wait to see how things develop. Yes, maybe things will change when she visits Boston and we will put all our eggs in one champagne-fuled-New Year's Eve-bender of a basket. But until then.

There's things that I've done that I always wanted to do. Things I've seen, I've always wanted to. So many great restaurants that I've eaten at. God, I am going to miss the abundance of heavenly Mexican; I really hope that I can still go to Bocca and enjoy myself. Alas, the only thing missing from the culinary scene here has been a quality supply of Boneless Honey BBQ and Pasta Salad.

Just to think that in 21 months, this adventure will be over and hopefully there will be some kick ass copywriter gig in my future. At the very least I've secured a few beds and couches upon which I can crash if I ever find myself in Texas, B.C., Canada, Nebraska and the greater Northern/Southern California areas, among others.

So until 2008, I bid farewell to SF and look forward to being back home.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I miss Mexican food. Damn you Mike! Why did you have to talk about Mexican food...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home