Sunday, January 30, 2005

Relationship check: push

So I just got off the phone with the Poet and I'm really not quite sure what's going on between us. We've gone out twice so far and have talked on the phone a few times. So in theory things should be progressing well, but I'm not one hundred percent sold on her yet. Actually what is troubling me is that I am not sure if she is into me as much as I am into her. Maybe I've been out of school for a while, but she certainly seems to have quite a bit of reading/work on her docket. Of course it's not as bad as "washing her hair" but no one really says that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see her and go out. I just wish that we could agree on a Friday or Saturday night. Week day nights are fine and all, but quite frankly getting up early for work really puts a damper on things. Plus as roommate Kate alluded to, extra curricular relations are rather difficult to pull off on a school/work night.

My other concern is that I pretty much only have 3 1/2 dates worth of good material to use. All my stories, banter and jokes, etc. are bonafide
tried and true quality stuff; after that it's all improv and free-lancing. And by no means am I about to pull a Mike Vick and scramble for a 45-yard gain.

This whole dating thing is also really testing my New Year's resolutions of not lying. Not embellishing my stories is really novel.

We have tentative plans for this coming Tuesday. We'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home