Friday, February 04, 2005

Nothing like bonding with the new co-workers over enchiladas and quesadillas. Went out to lunch today with the gang. I guess it was my official indoctrination into the writer's guild at work. Alas no tequila shots for us, we were still on the clock. It hasn't even been two weeks yet, but it feels good to get off "campus" for a while. I guess that's what happens when you go from working Down Town to an industrial park off Rt. 9.

It's really funny actually because one of the main reasons I moved out was to live closer to where I work, and thus not have to drive. So what happens? I get a new job that necessitates a new commute. To live along the Green line again, to dream. Just kidding, I would never want to live in L.A. (lower allston) again. But I really miss my morning walks to the bus. Not to mention reading the Improper and Phoenix, though I could care less about the Metro.

So tonight was my third Ad Club class. We had a CD from Arnold who works on the VW account come in to look over our work and give us some pointers. It was really good for me. I know that my stuff needs work, but every once in a while I need to hear it. I wasn't torn a new one, which was good, but I really love all the constructive criticism I received. If there's one thing that I need, it's a little ego deflating. So in that vein, I decided to partner with this one girl for next week's project: Hummer.

This weekend's agenda:

Fri: UMass Lowell vs. BU at Agganis
Sat: Dia de la Constitucion/Housewarming party
Sun: Super Bowl XXXIX - Pats vs Eagles

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lowell? Beat BU? Ahhhhhhhh hahahahahahahaha! Damn, I needed a good laugh.

--Matt

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Quan Solo said...

4-4. Stupid ties. But the new arena looks gorgeous. Great site lines everywhere and you are right up on the action. Still maintains that close feeling, but with all the amenities.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home