Saturday, June 04, 2005

Congratulations son, you're a meathead.

It goes without saying that I'm a lover, not a fighter. But it also should be known that I like to run my mouth and generally think that I'm better than the rest of the general population. So while it's always an awkward moment when some Neanderthal decides he has a bone to pick with me. Calling me an "asshole", dramatically not cool. Without question I'm an ass, a smartass even, but an asshole, no not really.

Anyways I was out last night with the Jule, her boy and another friend. A lovely evening if there was one, so we actually ventured into the big bad city for some shopping, drinking and general beautiful people watching.

Tangent Alert:
1) I am absolutely smitten with the girl who works at Sugar Heaven on Newbury. She's not quite at the waitress at the old Deli Haus with the butterfly tattoo on her neck (1998) and the manager at the Kenmore Starbucks (2001-2) level, but she's top 6
.
2) I would like to be able to live the lifestyle that affords me certain comforts and the ability to obtain what I desire (I need more money so I can buy more stuff.) All I wanted was this book and this belt and these jeans, but I could only afford this CD.

Anywho we're sitting inside Whiskey's and it's pretty crowded and there's a line waiting outside. Everyone's talking and laughing when this dude taps on the window, looking inside for something. He says something intelligible, to Jule,through the glass. The line moves and he says something to me, but this time it's through the screen window instead of glass. In fact he really wants to get my attention and pokes at me through the window; of course the screen proceeds to fall in causing a big ruckus. Manager comes over to see what's going on. I'm here just to have a drink and not cause any hassles so I tell the manager that, "this ass clown outside is knocking things over". That's it end of story or so I thought.

All of a sudden three HUGE bouncers pull an A-Team and go outside removing the dude from line. OMG what just happened?!? Now the dude and his friends are all pissed off and calling me an asshole. Whatever. I'm inside, they're outside. Deal with it. Come on man I obviously didn't tell the bouncers to not let you in. I was just making sure I wasn't going to take the blame for you being a dick. Chill. You've got an orange shirt on, I've got an orange shirt on.
Then he tells me that I should go outside. Hmm... not so much.

I'm Mike Quan. I use humor in uncomfortable or awkward situations. I use sarcasm to disfuse potentially combative encounters.
If need be.I will rock you like a hurricane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home