Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It all came crumbling down


Ugh a stomach punch of a day. One week after going into the Monday Night game tied with the league lead in not one, but two Fantasy Pickem leagues, I am now out of BOTH. Immunity sure would have come in handy this week, but no Mike Vick decided that he was going to forget about actually being a quarterback and concentrate on his highlight-reel material instead. I don't even know how most of the games played out. The reason: a woman, figures. One of the top weekends in quite some time, but still a trophy lives forever...

Of course this comes on the heels of getting knocked out of my BU baseball league. I was the top seed mind you. But it's not a choke job when your opponent just has a better week, but the dream of raising that second BUMLB banner high above the rafters was almost there. And the refrain goes... wait till next year. Damn I gotta figure out my keepers.

The bright side to all this: I made it to the championship round of my Chicago league with my fantasy co-hort BWise. This is the big leagues, real money players who aren't afraid of knowing the difference between an Aaron Small and an Aaron Harang. The guys who kept their draft board up until almost September. I'm happy to be a part of the rarefied air, but now I want the legacy to grow.

Again I apologize for another fantasy post, but this time of year it's to be expected... unless you are a woman or a ghey.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well schmuckfucker, it's your own damned fault. clemens and lee were yours to take but, instead, you let them fall to the man who ousted your pathetic excuse for a first place squad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home