Sunday, October 02, 2005

On borrowed time

It's sent and totally out of my control. All I can do is leave it up to the Postal Gods and wait. You see I sent a letter to this fantabulous girl declaring that she is the sun, the moon and the stars, albeit with much cuter boobs. And now I'm just waiting to hear back from her. Well waiting to hear back from her regarding the letter.
Which leads me to a few complaints about modern technology, namely my cell phone. So I know I'm expecting a call from her and the more I think about it the more nervous I get. I just want to know what's up. But the fact that my phone (all phones) have caller ID, I will have that extra split second of extreme trepidation before I pick up. I want to just say "hi" and have her say "hey". This doesn't even have to do with her, but anyone who calls. Sure, caller ID is great for avoiding calls from so and so or what's her face. But I hate dashing to my phone and wondering "ooo who loves me this time" only to see it's from XX. And my other bone to pick, whilst it's probably because I'm a sucker for nostalgia. When was the last time you got a girl's digits handed to you on a napkin/match book/penned on the back of your hand? Exactly. Standing there typing on your mobile just doesn't have that cache.

And knowing my luck she'll call when I'm either in a crowded restaurant, waiting in line to go to the bathroom or driving in breakneck rushhour traffic. So will I answer and be utterly confused/distracted/careening to my doom or just let her leave the message?

I'm just bitter because for whatever reason my (non-Zack Morris, post 2003) cell phone doesn't have call waiting. Balls.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home